March is in full swing and lucky for us, Sacramento has lots of Saint Patty’s Day celebrations in store! Read on for a full line up of local events and activities, plus ways that you can celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day at home.
Whether you’re looking for some festive ways to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day around the Sacramento area or are simply in need of some weekend plans, you’ve come to the right place. Click on the below links for a round-up of exciting ways to live it up this St. Patty’s Day!
Events and Happenings:
- Sacramento Kings Game Schedule
- Pre-Saint Paddy’s Day Parade (March 12)
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade – Old Sacramento (March 14)
- Saint Patrick’s Day Celebration University of Beer (March 14)
- St. Patrick’s Day Bar Crawl (March 14 & 17)
- St. Patrick’s Day Alive After Five Cruise (March 14 & 17)
- St. Patrick’s Day Rock on the Yacht Cruise (March 14)
- 15th Annual St. Paddy’s Day Pub Crawl (March 14)
- Shamrock’n Roll Festival & Beer Garden (March 14)
- Shamrock Shimmy Presented by Discovery Play (March 14)
- Saint Patrick’s Day Parade Firefighter After Party (March 14)
- Shamrock’n Half Marathon, 5K 10K & Leprechaun Dash (March 14 & 15)
- St. Patrick’s Day in Ireland @ Harris Center (March 15)
- Wil O’Mylar and The Langers St. Patrick’s Celebration (March 17)
- Cahersiveen St. Patrick’s Day Celebration (March 17)
- Dúlamán: A St. Patrick’s Day All Choirs Concert in Sacramento (March 17)
Do you plan on celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day in the comfort of your own home this year with friends and family? From appetizers and mains to creative cocktails and desserts, we’ve put together a list of fun recipes that will be sure to impress your St. Patty’s Day crew.
Festive Drinks: Get the party started with these festive beers, mixed drinks, and mocktails!
- Green Beer: It wouldn’t be Saint Patrick’s Day without green beer. With just a couple drops of green dye, you can make your own. Get the recipe here.
- Irish Coffee: Celebrate the occasion with this Spiked Irish Coffee!
- Lucky Charms Shots: Try out these “magically delicious” shots with Bailey’s Irish Cream and Lucky Charms!
- Shamrock Sour Cocktail: Whiskey sour gets a festive makeover by going green.
- Jameson Jello Shots: Saint Patrick’s Day isn’t complete without jello shots! Try making these Jameson Jello Shots.
- Fuzzy Leprechaun: This yummy fruity cocktail is made with peach schnapps, blue Curacao, and vodka. Learn how to make it here.
- Lime Sherbert St. Patty’s Day Punch (Non-Alcoholic): This delicious lime sherbert drink packs a punch! Learn how to make it here.
- Irish Car Bombs: End the night with an Irish Car Bomb!
Bring on the Appetizers: Looking for some tasty appetizers to go with that green pint of Guinness? Check out these St. Patty’s Day approved dips, bites, and sliders.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Sliders: This ridiculously easy app is taken to the next level with Guinness-braised cabbage. Learn how to make it here.
- Pretzel Dog Beer Cheese Dip: You can’t go wrong with beer, cheese, and pretzels. Click here to make this crowd-pleasing app.
- Irish Nachos: If you haven’t tried Irish Nachos, you’re missing out. What’s not to love about a heaping pile of potato chips, slathered in beer cheese and topped off with crunchy bacon and fresh chives? Get the recipe here.
- Bacon-Wrapped Cabbage Wedges: When in doubt, add bacon. Learn how to make this recipe here.
- Irish Pub Cheese Recipe: This creamy cheese pairs well with pretzels or pita chips. Learn how to make it here.
- Saint Paddy’s Dill Dip: Serve this delicious dip with raw vegetables or crackers of your choice.
Mains: These Irish-inspired dishes will take your Saint Patrick’s Day celebration to the next level.
- Soda Bread: Soda bread anyone? Learn how to make this quintessential Irish side here.
- Corned Beef in Beer (Crockpot): Let your crockpot do the work by trying out this tasty Corned Beef in Beer recipe.
- Irish Cabbage and Bacon: There’s nothing boring about this cabbage dish, which is loaded with bacon, onions, chicken broth, and mustard seeds.
- Irish Pan Haggerty Potatoes: This classic Irish potato dish is loaded with sliced potatoes, bacon, onions and lots of cheese. Check out the recipe here.
- Irish Stew: This comfort dish features tender lamb, hearty carrots and potatoes topped off with herb butter.
Desserts: Don’t forget the dessert! Consider making one of these holiday-inspired treats.
- Pot O’ Gold Cups: These little brownies prove that you don’t have to go to the end of the rainbow to find the perfect St. Paddy’s Day dessert.
- Lucky Charm Eclaires: As if eclairs couldn’t get any more tasty, this recipe swaps your standard chocolate fair for a citrus filling topped with Lucky Charms.
- Green Velvet Pops: Forget red velvet — green velvet will be your new favorite rich (and seasonally appropriate) flavor.
- Irish Chocolate Pots de Creme: Not only is this dessert gorgeous but it’s also “melt in your mouth” amazing! Add two tablespoons of Baileys for that Irish touch. Check out the recipe here.
- Shamrock Shake Cupcakes: This minty cake topped with fluffy whip cream mousse is what dreams are made of! Get the full recipe here.