Labor Day Weekend is just around the corner! That’s why this month’s newsletter is dedicated to weekend events, getaways, and local happenings in and around Northern California. So whether you feel like kicking back and relaxing at home or treating yourself to an epic day trip with family and friends, we have some fun ideas on how you can “live your best life” this Labor Day Weekend!
You don’t have to leave town to enjoy the weekend… Below are some fun ways to kick-off Labor Day Weekend and the entire month of September in and around the Sacramento area!
Sac Republic FC Schedule: Click Here For Matches
Sacramento River Cats Schedule: Click Here For Remaining Games
Now through September 19 (every Thursday): Concert Series @ El Dorado Hills Town Center
August 30 & 31: Rythmn & Blues Festival @ River Park
August 30: Hot Summer Night Concert: Kickoff to Farm and Fork Uncorked
August 31 through September 2: 29th Annual Chalk It Up Festival @ Fremont Park
August 31 (& select days in September): Farm to Fork UNCORKED 2019 @ Old Sugar Mill
September 7: Dave Matthews Band @ Golden 1
September 8 through 14: Grandparents Week @ Fairytale Town
September 11 (and select Wednesday Nights): Barn Flix: Free Outdoor Movies @ Drake’s: The Barn
September 12: Sacramento Burger Battle 2019
September 12: Mexican Independence Day Concert Celebration @ Sac State
September 14: Gather: Movies @ The Fort
September 14: The Pepper & Hot Sauce Expo in Auburn
September 14: Wild Affair @ The Sacramento Zoo
September 15: Crafts & Drafts @ Drakes: The Barn
September 17: John Mayer @ Golden 1
September 19-29: Farm-to-Fork Festival
September 19: Legends of Wine @ State Capitol
September 19: Post Malone @ Golden 1
September 21: Great American River Cleanup
September 21: 14th Annual Fair Oaks Chicken Festival
September 21: Deaf Awareness Day @ Sacramento Zoo
September 21: Sacramento Film & Music Festival @ Crest Theatre
September 21: California Brewer’s Festival @ Discovery Park
September 28 & 29: Fall Festival @ El Dorado Hill Town Center
Wanna get away? This Labor Day Weekend is the perfect opportunity to venture out and take a fun day (or weekend) trip. The great thing about Sacramento is its close proximity to places including San Francisco, Lake Tahoe and the Napa Valley Wine Region. So if you’ve found yourself daydreaming about getting away, consider escaping the heat and treating yourself to an exciting outing!
- Apple Hill: Apple Hill is officially open for business! Founded in 1964 with just 16 apple ranches, Apple Hill has grown to include over 50 unique fruit and veggie farms, wineries, B&Bs, flower gardens, Christmas tree farms, and even a day spa. Get your first taste of fall by relaxing at Ponderosa Bed & Breakfast and going apple picking, visiting High Hill Ranch for fishing, pony rides and a delicious slice of pie, or grabbing an award-winning hard cider atNorth Canyon Cider Company. Check out the remaining Apple Hill destinations here!
- Lake Tahoe: Lake Tahoe is the perfect escape from the summer heat with its wide array of recreational activities including boating, water sports and hiking in the summer, and skiing and snowboarding in the winter. They also have fantastic restaurants, concert venues, and shopping! Take a look at some of the local events taking place this weekend by checking out their “Labor Day Lake Tahoe Guide”.
- Napa Valley: What better way to celebrate the long weekend than by taking a trip to Napa and enjoying a nice glass of wine, exceptional cuisine and mesmerizing views of vineyards…because “wine not”? Take a ride on the Napa Valley wine train and soak in breathtaking landscapes, soar above the clouds in a hot air balloon, enjoy a culinary experience at one of their many award-winning restaurants or visit one of their 400+ wineries. Click here for a list of weekend events and here for lodging accommodations.
- San Francisco: San Francisco is chock-full of events this weekend! Enjoy a performance of Beach Blanket Babylon (tickets are limited), watch both the SF Giants & the Oakland A’s in action (snag your tickets here), visit one of several museum exhibits, or head across the bay to the Sausalito Arts Festival. Also, make sure to check out the free walking tours offered every day this weekend and this list of free activities and things to do in and around San Francisco.
Summer isn’t over just yet…and this weekend is the perfect excuse to fire up the grill and cook up some summer favorites! So savor the end of summer by trying one of these classics to make this your best cookout yet.
- 1. Labor Day Burger: Specifically named “The Labor Day Burger”, this mouth-watering burger is packed with extra flavor and punch! A juicy patty, crispy bacon, avocado, pepper flakes, and melted cheddar cheese all come together to create this delicious main. Get the recipe here.
- Goat Cheese & Cherry Caprese: Make your summer plate a little lighter and more colorful with this gorgeous and easy to assemble salad filled with juicy cherries, heirloom tomatoes, and fresh goat cheese. Learn how to make it here.
- Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries: A burger is not complete without some crispy fries to accompany the meal. Up your fry game with these unbelievably crispy low carb zucchini fries! Try out the recipe here.
- Ice Cream S’mores: Believe us when we say this recipe will have you asking for “s’more”… Putting its own unique twist on traditional s’mores, this recipe adds a little something extra with melted chocolate and ice cream creating a cookie-like s’more. Get the recipe here.
Do you have any favorite things to do or places to see on Labor Day Weekend? Let us know in the comments section below!